Our youth will be partnering with Rye and Becky Bell, missionaries in Jacó, Costa Rica, from June 25th through July 2nd. Jacó is part of a developing nation that is filled with abject poverty, as well as hygiene and nutritional needs. Eight teenagers and three chaperones from CBC will primarily be serving in the following areas:
- Distributing Bibles among hotels and other businesses
- Cleaning and organizing their local prenatal center
- Orchestrating, teaching, and singing at Kid’s Club (a street ministry for children sponsored by the church)
- Ministering at Adult Day Care
- Working with CSCR (Christian Surfers of Costa Rica). CSCR is focused on meeting young people in the streets and on the beaches and bringing the gospel to them and to their families.
We will also have the privilege of hosting a camp that will involve teaching some English (they are eager to learn), bringing in school supplies, and providing clothing, food and hygiene items for the children and their families. These people do not have much, but they are eager to learn about Jesus and many lives have already been changed for their good and His glory.
Will you please pray for us as we prepare for this trip? Ask that God would unite us in one mission to serve the Costa Rican people and to see receptive hearts for the gospel. Pray for the work that we will be doing, for relationships to be formed/strengthened, and for opportunities to share God’s love.